Below is a list of chapters I have authored. Please mouse over each to click through:
- Janks, H. (2010). ‘Language, power and pedagogy’. In N. Hornberger and S. McKay (Eds). Sociolinguistics and Language Education. Clevedon: Multilingual Matters.
- Dixon, K. and Janks, H. (2010). ‘From poster to PhD: The evolution of a literature review’. Walker, M. and Thomson, P. (Eds.) The Routledge Doctoral Supervisors’ Companion. London: Routledge.
- Janks, H. (2009). Chapter 3. ‘The language teacher’s repertoire: What effective teachers should know and be able to do’ In Ferreira, A. (Ed). Teaching Language. Braamfontein: Macmillan.
- Janks, H. (2009) Chapter 15. ‘Critical Language Awareness: Teaching the relationship between language and power’. In Ferreira, A. (Ed). Teaching Language. Braamfontein: Macmillan.
- Janks, H. and Comber, B. (2006). ‘Critical literacy across continents’. In Pahl, K. and Rowsell, J. (Eds). Travel notes from the New Literacy Studies: Instances of Practice. Multilingual Matters.
- Janks, H. (2003) ‘Seeding change in South Africa: new literacies, new subjectivities, new futures’. In Doecke, B, D Homer and H Nixon (Eds). English Teachers at Work. South Australia: Wakefield Press and the Australian Association for the Teaching of English.